PAGES

Monday, October 1, 2012

Menu Plan Momday: Cheesy Taco Bake recipe

Well, it appears my abdominal aches were a severely strained muscle. So relieved. I can resume exercise now! Get back to a normal routine! Exercise again! So happy!

Of course part of my normal routine is getting food on the table. Have you ever had a taco bake? I found the recipe in a post on the Cooking For Your Family forum. It's quick, easy, and inexpensive. I included it in this week's menu plan. Oh, it's tasty too.

Linking up at Org Junkie's menu plan Monday hop! 



Sunday: Cheesy Taco Bake Casserole
Monday: Cuban Ropa Vieja
Tuesday: Mushroom Cheesy Bread with Butternut Squash Soup
Wednesday: Paella
Thursday: Yakisoba
Friday: Mango and Pepper Chicken Over Rice
Saturday: TBD

Cheesy Taco Bake Casserole


24 Tortilla Chips (+ additional for serving)
1/2 TBSP Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 lb. extra lean ground beef or ground turkey
3 TBSP Taco Seasoning
1 can Black Beans, drained
1 cup Salsa
2 cups ShreddedCheese
Other toppings to taste - avocado,  tomatoes, sour cream, and shredded lettuce 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large skillet, heat oil and add onion and garlic - saute for about 5 minutes until soft.  Add meat and taco seasoning, cooking until meat is browned.  Add beans and salsa.  Mix well and cook to thicken.

Line the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with tortilla chips.  Gently press down the chips to break into bite-sized pieces.  Spread the meat mixture over the chips.  Top with cheese.  You could also add jalapenos or green chilies as well.

Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.

2 comments:

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

I'm hopping by from Menu Plan Monday today!
Don't you just enjoy this time of year?
I love the crisp Autumn temps of Southern Maine when I was living there. For the last 18 yrs I've been on the West coast so no fall foliage to enjoy.
Your menu plan sounds so delicious.

Brittany LearninginGrace said...

this is an awesome idea!! I enjoy seeing all your ideas! Hope you dont mind I nominated you for a liebster award http://learningingrace.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-blog-award.html

Pages