PAGES

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Very Cherry Smoothies

This was my breakfast. Refreshing.
 A couple cups of cherries. Mine were out of the freezer.

Add ice.

                                                                     Spoon in yogurt.


Add honey and blend.


As I said before, the smoothie is very refreshing. The honey adds just the right bit of sweetness to counterbalance the cherry & yogurt flavors. I'm sure you could even use cherry yogurt if you wanted your smoothie sweeter still. It was perfect for a warm summer day.  The texture wasn't super smooth as there were bits of the cherry peel as you can see by the flakes in the picture below. The ground up ice also added a bit of crunch to the smoothie. If you used milk instead of ice cubes you'd get a creamier consistency. Something for me to try in the future I suppose. Everyone who tried it loved it, from my sister to me to my 2 year old toddler.

No comments:

Pages