PAGES

Monday, April 23, 2012

Making Lemon-Scented Play Dough!

I'm having fun experimenting with our play doughs. I don't know about you, but sometimes I find the smell of playdough gets to me. A few months ago I enjoyed making a whole wheat, cinnamon scented dough. It had a gritty texture that was rather interesting to touch. The cinnamon smell was very pleasant on a cold wintry day.

When we recently made a new batch of dough I was inspired to try for yet another scent. Something springy. There sitting in my pantry was a nice bottle of lemon extract. I grabbed it. Mixed it into the dough. The result was lovely. Is lovely. Every time my son opens the tub of playdough and rolls that dough around there's a very faint, pleasantly lemony scent. I'm really pleased with lemon-scented play dough!

Mix flour,water, salt, cream of tartar, oil, and a smidgen of lemon extract.
Cook until thickened over low heat and cool. Knead and play. Store in airtight container.


Lemon Scented Play Dough Recipe:

1 c water
1 c flour
1/2 c salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
2 Tbls oil
splash of lemon extract

No comments:

Pages