PAGES

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Home Decorating: Living Room Before & After

Living Room Before (this pic is from when I moved in, 3 years ago)



















You can see in the first picture how the colors were very muted. I felt like it had a cold look to the room. While I loved that it had a faux finish (something that helped me decide on the place) I didn't like the color or tone. Only morning light would make the room bright. Cloud cover, afternoon sun, the room felt dark.

Finally I did something about it. After playing around with paint colors, buying several sample size paints (100% sold on doing that, over picking a paint chip & ordering a gallon without trying), I found just the right colors.


















Living Room After. Behr's Honeysuckle White is on most walls and Valspar's Fresh Bread is on the far wall. It adds depth and dimension to the room. A very pleasant tan color, and the name very aptly describes the look. Now I just need to figure out what to put on the wall behind the sofa.

No comments:

Pages